City of Cottonwood Police and Fire Departments present a check for $10,030.00 to the 100 Club of Arizona
The City of Cottonwood Police and Fire Departments personnel comprising the “Verde Valley Fallen Heroes Committee” presented a check for $10,030.00 to the 100 Club of Arizona on May 13. The 100 Club of Arizona is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to the families of police officers and firefighters who are killed or injured in the line of duty, provides financial assistance to public safety agencies who need help purchasing safety equipment, provides the children and spouses of public safety personnel with scholarships for college and provides other financial help to public safety agencies.
The Verde Valley Fallen Heroes Committee raised these funds through the 3rd Annual Fallen Heroes Golf Tournament at Verde Santa Fe Golf Course held on Saturday, April 25, 2015. This year’s event was a huge success and participants not only played a round of golf, they also participated in a gun raffle, a general raffle with great prizes and a live auction with autographed items from all Arizona professional sports teams.
The tournament and auctions raised $9,454.00. After the event, Cottonwood City Manager, Doug Bartosh, donated $546.00 to make it an even $10,000.00, which the highest amount raised in the history of this event.
The Verde Valley Fallen Heroes Committee would like to recognize all the businesses and organizations who donated products and/or money to help make this event such a great success.
– Tournament Sponsors – City of Cottonwood, Canyon Distributing (Coors Light), Pawn Palace, Law Enforcement Creations, Larry Green Chevrolet and Laserlyte.
– Verde Santa Fe Golf Course – Provided the golf course, raffle items, lunch and a great service.
– Donation of the gun for the gun raffle – Pawn Palace and Law Enforcement Creations
– Hole Sponsors – Signs 928 (also donated all needed signs), Cage Free Grooming, Old Town Frame Company, Trophies Unlimited, Laserlyte, Law Enforcement Creations, Pawn Palace, Joe Mulcaire Construction, Bedrock Landscape and Materials, Canyon Distributing, The Embroidery Shop, Yellow Pages.
– Donation items – Laserlyte, Law Enforcement Creations, Red Rock Dental, Funhavers, Canyon Distributing, Arizona Diamondbacks, Out of Africa Wildlife Park, Black Cow Café, Vinnies Pizza, Scottsdale Gun Club, Tan-Tastics Tanning Salon, Old Town Frame Company, Canine Country Club, Doug Bartosh, Sedona-Verde Valley Firefighter Charities, Money in the Mail.
– Live Auction Items – Phoenix Coyotes, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals and Kurt Warner’s First Things First Foundation.
The members and organizers of the Verde Valley Fallen Heroes Committee include:
Kevin Murie, Cottonwood Police Department
Josh Fradette, Cottonwood Police Department
Gareth Braxton, Cottonwood Police Department
Jim Iacovacci, Cottonwood Police Department (Volunteer)
Brandon Wacker, Cottonwood Fire Department
Steve Trautman, Cottonwood Fire Department
Melissa Stearley, Accounting
For further information please contact the Cottonwood Fire Department at 928-634-2741